A Conversation....

A conversation....
Parent:  (obviously scripted) “IT IS JUST TOO HARD TO GET THE KIDS UP AND AROUND ON SUNDAY MORNING.”
Pastor: So…..let me get this straight. You were not at Church last week because you were home with your family?
Parent: (obviously stressed) Yes……I am sorry.
Pastor: FOR WHAT?
Parent: (slightly confused) Missing Church?
Pastor: Did you eat Breakfast together?
Parent: Yes…..
Pastor: Did you pray?
Parent: Yes….
Pastor: (sternly) Did you did you talk about Jesus?
Parent: (feeling cornered) Well……yeah?
Pastor: (smiling ear to ear) Then you didn’t miss Church at all! We missed you though! I hope to see you and your family next week for worship….but if you cannot make it. I completely understand. Time with family is so precious these days.
Parent: (confused) so I don’t have to come to Church?
Pastor: You broke bread, prayed, talked about Jesus….Yeah! Great Job! If you would like I could facebook you the material for next week which is “The Stewardship of Time”….just in case you “can’t make it”. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Parent: (empowered) Yes, I would like to have my friend call you....she is a single mom and living in Lake Placid is really tough ($). She is always saying that she wants to bring her kids to Church but never has enough time, or is just exhausted from working so much.. I think you could help her with...this..? Whatever you call it?
Pastor: (compassionately) It is called loving God, loving our neighbors, and building Disciples in the name of Jesus Christ. In the Church and In THE (pointing to the community) Church.
Parent: Thanks and I will try to see you next week! Oh! (enthusiastically) I almost forgot....here is our tithe from last week!
Pastor: (guilitly)Thanks....but why don't you think about giving this money to your friend....

Comments

Popular Posts